Lawyer Category: Family Law
Richard Orsinger is one of the highest-rated attorneys in Texas, offering dual board certification in both Family Law and Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He was recognized in 2011 and 2012 as Lawyer of the Year in Family Law by Best Lawyers in America. As the third-highest vote-getter in the Texas Super Lawyers survey, Orsinger earned a spot on the “Top 10 Lawyers in Texas” list in 2009-2010 and in 2012-2014. He was also named the “Top Family Lawyer in Texas” in the 2007 Go-To Guide published by Texas Lawyer newspaper.
In addition to personally representing clients, Orsinger often assists attorneys from other firms in complex jury and non-jury cases, particularly those involving complicated property disputes or cases in which financial or mental health experts will play a prominent role. He is one of the few attorneys listed by The Best Lawyers in America in both Family Law and Appellate Law. A frequently sought-after lecturer, Richard speaks on Family Law, business valuations, trial and appellate procedure, evidence and law. He has authored more than 200 continuing legal education articles and has authored law review articles since 1982, as well as a 900-page treatise on Texas appellate procedure for Bancroft-Whitney Co. He was chief editor of the State Bar Family Law Section’s Expert Witness Manual and was editor-in-chief of the State Bar of Texas’ Practice Before the Texas Supreme Court Manual.
Richard has extensive experience in jury and non-jury trials in courts across Texas. He also handles Family Law matters in appellate courts. He has appeared before most of Texas’ 14 Courts of Appeals and has secured two reversals from the Supreme Court of Texas. He is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, an organization reserved for lawyers with extensive experience in jury trials. Richard handles complex property disputes, as well as other Family Law litigation, including child custody cases. Richard is licensed to practice law in all Texas state District Courts, as well as Federal District Courts in the Southern and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He has been Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law since 1980 and Civil Appellate Law since 1987, one of few Texas attorneys to be Board Certified in two areas of law. Richard handles trial court cases in South Texas, Austin, Houston, Corpus Christi, and North Texas, and appellate cases anywhere in the state.
ORGANIZATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
· American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers — Fellow
· American Board of Trial Advocates — Member
· Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists — Member and Former President
· Texas Bar Foundation — Fellow
· Texas Family Law Foundation — Member and Founding Chairman
· San Antonio Bar Association — Member
· Houston Bar Association — Member
· Dallas Bar Association — Member
· Supreme Court of Texas Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure — Chair, Rules 16-165a Subcommittee
· Supreme Court of Texas Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure — Member
· Best Lawyers in America, Family Law and Appellate Law
· Top 10 Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
· Top Five Family Lawyer in Texas, Texas Lawyer newspaper’s Go-To Guide, 2002 & 2012
· Top 50 Central and West Texas Region Lawyers, Texas Super Lawyers, 2004-2017
· Family Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2012
· Top 100 Lawyers in Texas, Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-2013
· Top Family Lawyer in Texas, Texas Lawyer newspaper, 2007
· Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-2017
· Leading Lawyers in America, Lawdragon
· Franklin Jones Best Continuing Legal Education Article Award for Practicing Family Law in a Depressed Economy, College of the State Bar of Texas, 2009
· Best Family Law Continuing Legal Education Article Award for Different Ways to Trace Separate Property, State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, 2008
· State Bar of Texas Certificates of Merit, 2004
· Sam Emison Award, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2003
· Association for Continuing Legal Excellence Best Program Award, 2002
· Dan R. Price Award, State of Texas Family Law Section, 2001
· State Bar of Texas Presidential Citation, 2001
Practice: Appellate Practice (Family Law Appeals) and Family Law (Appellate, Arbitration and Mediation, Community Property, Distribution, Divorce, Equitable Division, Litigation, Marital Settlement Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements)
- Law Firm
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.