Lawyer Category: Family Law
Amber Liddell Alwais is a staunch advocate for clients, committed to providing highly personalized legal services in all Family Law matters, including traditional and non-traditional divorce, custody issues, property division, child support and adoption matters. In addition to her legal practice, Amber serves as a Family Law, Probate Law and Criminal Law instructor at The University of Texas at San Antonio. She is vice president of the San Antonio Bar Association Family Law section.
Amber was named the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year in 2003 by the Women’s Bar Association of Bexar County in recognition of her contributions to the San Antonio legal community. She also has been honored on both the Texas Super Lawyers and Texas Rising Stars listings published by Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, and has been selected three consecutive years to San Antonio’s Top Attorneys list published by S.A. Scene Magazine. Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2009, Amber is licensed to practice law in Texas state District Courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, and the Supreme Court of Texas. She is a former staff attorney for the Civil District Judges of Bexar County.
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
· TACA (Texas Association of Court Administrators), Member, 2010 – Present
· Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member, 2010 – Present
· San Antonio Family Lawyers Association, Treasurer, 2010 – Present
· State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member, 2000 – Present
· College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2001 – Present
· Texas Association of Family Law Specialists, Member, 2010 – Present
· Extreme Family Law Makeover, Course Director, 2008 – 2010
· San Antonio Bar Foundation, Member, 2004 – Present
· San Antonio Bar Association, Family Law Section, Sergeant at Arms, 2009 – 2010
· San Antonio Bar Association, Family Law Section, Board Member, 2006 – Present
· CASA of San Antonio, Board Member, 2001 – 2006
· Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, Chair, Judicial Liaisons, 2002 – 2005
· Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, Bench Brunch Volunteers Chair, 2007 – Present
· Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, Bench Brunch Volunteers Chair, 2003 – 2005
· Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, Member
· Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2013
· Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2008 – 2010
· San Antonio’s Top Attorneys, S.A. Scene Magazine, 2007 – 2009
· Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Women’s Bar Association of Bexar County, 2003
Amber is a 1996 graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law, she earned her bachelor’s degree from Sam Houston State University in 1993.
- Law Firm
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.