Laura C. Mason is a Member in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice group. In her corporate practice, Laura represents large companies, closely-held businesses, business owners, and individual entrepreneurs in a wide variety of business transactions and business disputes.
Laura is also a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Texas.
- Serve as outside general counsel for closely-held businesses.
- Advise on variety of corporate and partnership law matters in connection with business, estate, and trust litigation.
- Represent individual owner(s) in disputes with closely-held businesses and other owners.
- Negotiate and draft numerous types of contracts related to business operations, including manufacturing and supply agreements, consulting agreements, services agreements, license agreements, financing agreements, and other transaction-based contracts.
- Structure and organize entity formation for closely-held businesses, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, and including advising clients with respect to the state and federal tax consequences of business operations and entity selection.
- Advise businesses on equity and phantom equity incentive arrangements for key employees.
- Negotiate and draft documents to complete asset purchases and sales, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and other significant restructuring transactions.
- Advise on succession planning for businesses and individuals, including integrating business succession planning of individual business owners with related estate planning strategies.
- Structure and draft agreements involving the purchase, sale, and transfer of aircraft.
State Bar Licenses – Texas Court Admissions – U.S. Tax Court
Education & Awards
J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 2000, Will T. Henry Scholar; SMU Law Review, Articles Editor; Order of the Coif B.B.A., magna cum laude, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1996, Mays Business Honors Program; Mays Business Fellows Program
Let Laura C. Mason know you found them on our online directory!